Monday, April 13, 2009

Too much time has passed, again

I feel like Guadalajara has been a time warp for me. I will be quitting my job two weeks before my two-year "anniversary", which really delights me for no rational reason.

I just visited two new (for me) Mexican states-- Quintana Roo and the Yucatan-- and I am fighting tears that have probably been longing to well up in my eyes for months. As much as living in Mexico can be exasperating and disheartening frequently, I love it. I feel like before Mexico I wasn't quite myself. But I also need Kentucky, and change and a bit more grass and to stroke a horse's neck whenever I feel like it.

I am sure that I am not going to quit the struggle... nothing has come too easily since I left college, but it all seems worth the work, frustration and final glory (figuratively speaking, of course). Now, though, the goal is to find something else that I really like to do... can anyone help me find a job???

2 comments:

Jessica said...

mckin! i need more info! write more for pete's sake. i was all excited to read your blog, and then i get only this little paragraph!!!! when/why did you go to quintana roo and yucatan, and did you love it? tell me all, maybe in email form if it's easier. so much mystery! ay ay ay!
why don't you just get a job riding horses here? :) I can hook you up with all my horse contacts. hehehe.

Ami Watkin said...

i agree! write write write!!! we need more details, guapa! xoxo