Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cubre-bocas

The outbreak of swine flu continues. I think I am supposed to be wearing a face mask by now too, but I am resisting. Last night I wrote a poem about face masks, but I forgot to bring it to work to share with you. I will do that tomorrow.

In the office, it is particularly interesting to watch people. Some people have some humor, and to make light of the recommendations not to touch other people by sticking their hand out and shaking the air. Other people are not amused, and refrain from getting more than two meters close to anyone. And they religiously wear their face masks.

One of my female coworkers asked a question in an interesting way yesterday: "Do we become immune to this type of flu if we get it and survive, or will everyone get sick like a bunch of lit matches, and although I am well like a burned out match, will it ignite me again?" She is trying hard not to be ignited to begin with.

I just want to finish my job and be done, so I can decide if I want to wear a face mask or not. No work on Friday, and then the following Friday I am free. I sold my bed, but I have not yet surrendered it to the buyer (because then, where would I sleep?). I am giving away many things and packing many others. Last call from Mexico if you want anything.

5 comments:

Ami Watkin said...

can you bring me back a taco al pastor? i had a poor imitation of one tonight at a mexican restaurant in the village, and it made me miss taquería los angeles. and typing this is in turn making me want a licuado de melón. also, don't get swine flu! but seriously, the face masks don't do anything, no need to wear one.

Jessica said...

haha, i would take your guest bed, its so comfortable. hey, if you ever go to the mall, that big huge 3 story one with a dairy queen and the one edwin and i went to without you and oscar i have no idea the name and you probably won't go there, BUT IF YOU DO, there is a story called la jaboneria. and they sell the most amazing soap in the world- its rose petal with aloe vera. i would honestly order that to be shipped to my house from guadalajara. so that is my request, and i would pay you for it, and that is only if you even ever go to that mall for any reason. jajaja. happy last week of work, and safe travels.

Jessica said...

and by story i mean store

moonrose said...

if you bring jessica some soap i will use it mwahahahaha

Jessica said...

oh, carrie, how did you get so halarious?